My family is perfectly imperfect and not a day goes by without humour, tears or tantrums. Blogging is the modern version of keeping a diary so feel free to read along while I share the good the bad and the ugly aspects of being me!

Tuesday 3 April 2012

A 2 WW Science Experiment



Waiting is something that I am not skilled at, I generally like to know what is going on right at this very moment.
This lack of patience makes the two week wait especially hard as I would love nothing more then to have a pregnancy test read positive immediately but sadly that just isn't how it works.
I have bought what claims to be extra sensitive pregnancy tests and so for a purely scientific experiment I started testing today at 3dp3dt (3 days past a 3 day transfer) it obviously was negative as the embryo hasn't even implanted yet but I would like to know just how early these tests will register.
Here is a day by day timeline of what *should* be happening with my wee little embryos....

dpt = days past transfer

1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
 
2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
 
3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
 
4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
 
5dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
 
6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
 
7dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
 
8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
 
9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
 
10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
 
11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on a home pregnancy test

12dpt... Blood Test at doctors

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck.... I suggest you also log your moods while you're at it. My science experiment showed me that I'd have a big mood swing of doubt around 6/7DPT, then the natural HCG would kick and and bring the mood back up. And if you're going to add details to the study, I'd also take note of the CM while you're at it :) They were my truest variables in my 6 years of study. :)

    ReplyDelete